If you’re having trouble with your furnace, heat pump or heating system here are a few simple tips to try before setting up a service appointment.
1. Check to make sure that the thermostat is set in the HEAT position.
2. Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set HIGHER than the current indoor temperature.
3. Ensure that there’s power to the furnace:
Try turning the fan to “ON” on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
If no action, reset the breakers at the electrical panel, especially if the thermostat is showing a blank reading.
4. Is there any air coming out of your vents?
Check all return air grilles and registers. Make sure they are not blocked by furniture and are open and blowing air.
5. Check to see if your filter needs to be changed.
They should be changed about once a month to ensure peak performance in your comfort system. When thinking about changing your filter don’t forget to include any time that there is a high volume of foot traffic.
Holidays and times when doors will be open more often might require you change the filter more, as well as pet dander.
We also offer our exclusive Energy Savings Program. When you sign up, your filter will be changed at each tune up. To schedule, call today 920-465-6689 or 920-743-3333.